We currently have an excellent opportunity available for a Dexterity/ GP Developer in our Melbourne office.
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
• Strong understanding of Great Plains.
• Strong understanding of SQL Server development.
• Strong understanding of ASP.NET development and XML.
• Stong understanding of SQL Reporting Services
Although not essential, experience with Sharepoint, OLAP and EConnect will be highly regarded.
We are a fast growing Australian company and as such offer a great team and work environment built on old fashioned values and a quality ethos that has positioned us as a leader in our markets.
We offer you every support to achieve, based on a competitive salary and excellent client locations throughout Australia.
If this interests you, apply now!
- Minimum 3 Years experience developing enhancements and integrations to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Minimum 3 Years experience with Microsoft Dexterity and Sanscript coding
- Work experience with GP9.0 is desirable.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2005 (C#)
- Exposure to GP VS Toolkit , Web Services and eConnect API
- Experience with SQL Server 2005
- Exposure to automated testing of GP using macros
Bortell Pty Ltd. is a leading provider of integrated Microsoft Dynamics solutions. Bortell implements and develops solutions based on Microsoft and other third party solutions Based on a collaborative framework, its applications integrate with Microsoft Dynamics GP, , ERPs, B2B portal, call centre, and CRM solutions. Additional information about Bortell products and services can be found at www.bortell.com.au
Position is responsible for development of reporting and functional enhancements to the Microsoft Dynamics GP System including integration with third party software; as well as for the development, implementation and support of Bortell add-on modules that achieve business objectives and meet users requirements.
Functions include but are not limited to:
- Review Requirements documents.
- Perform Design, Development and Unit Testing of GP enhancements.
- The development tools include Microsoft Dexterity, GP Visual Studio Toolkit, GP Web Services and eConnect.
- Perform design and code reviews.
- Automate build processes using Macros and other tools.
- Application of generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Participation in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting applications and software, in particular financial accounting package development.
- Provision of assistance and routine consultation to users in the development of software.
- Liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Plan and execution of software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces.
- Working with others to develop alternative system and software designs.
- Participation in recommending the selection, approval, and acquisition of hardware, software, networking components, and services.
- Provision of backup support for installation of software and user utilities, and upgrades of operating systems and workstation environments.
- Training and support testing with technical support staff.
- Creation of initial software program documentation.
- Develop and implement stand-alone and integrated applications/solutions to augment functionality of Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Experience with Great Plains software version 8.0 and above a MUST.
- Experience with Microsoft GP and Dexterity
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET developer toolkit along with C#.NET is preferred
- Great Plains knowledge including Financials, Purchasing, Inventory, Sales Order Processing
- Experience developing accounting or CRM applications preferred.
- The candidate must have experience in C++, COM objects and experience in developing a software product for market
- Experience programming in the following languages preferred: MS SQL, C#, and .NET.
- Knowledge of accounting systems preferred.
- Ability to document complex business requirements and test scenarios.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi task and work with changing priorities in a deadline driven environment
Please send resumes, cover letter and referees to:
86 St Kilda Road
St Kilda, 3182